Haitham Masri, MD is Michigan’s first Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, and is also Board Certified in Otolaryngology and in Sleep Medicine. In fact, he is the first in the nation to be Board Certified in all three of these specialties. He is also Michigan’s very first specialist officially trained in the external cosmetic nose surgery technique.
Dr. Masri has over 25 years of experience and his training in the field of Facial Plastic Surgery is extensive. After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Masri completed his General Surgery residency at the State University of New York and then completed a year of Fellowship training in Facial Plastic Surgery at the University of Toronto. He also completed an Otolaryngology residency at Dalhousie University in Canada.
Dr. Masri is certified by the American Board of American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and the American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. Haitham Masri authored several publications, including The Effect of Facial Animation on the Aging Face and Double Eyelid Surgery in Oriental Eyes. Dr. Masri also keeps in touch with the leaders in his field by attending numerous conferences and training seminars each year. In this way, he brings the most innovative medical approaches to your care.
Dr. Masri’s patients often remark upon the sensitivity he shows toward their medical concerns. Many of his patients feel that he is very easygoing, someone they can relate to. Dr. Masri understands the importance of ensuring a patient completely understands a procedure before he or she makes any decisions.
Dr. Masri also speaks Arabic and German.
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1988
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 1987
- American Board of Sleep Medicine, 2010
- American Board of Emergency Medicine, eligible
- Otolaryngic Allergy, Fellowship Certificate, 1989
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, Fellow
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Fellow
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Member
- American Medical Association, Member
- Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Member
- Canadian Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Member
- Oakwood Hospital , Dearborn , MI
- Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, Wayne , MI
Dr. Masri is a staff physician at Oakwood Hospital and the Detroit Medical Center (DMC).