Feel Great in Your Bikini With Velasmooth
July 15, 2014
You may have worked very hard during winter and spring to get the bikini body you've always wanted. Unfortunately, diet and exercise aren't enough when it comes to cellulite, those lumpy, "cottage cheese" areas of the skin, often found on the thighs and buttocks. Cellulite doesn't have to do with excess fat necessarily, as even skinny women suffer from the problem. This makes it difficult to treat. When you've worked so hard, you want to see results. So how can you improve cellulite for smooth, beach-worthy skin without missing a minute of the summer? Velasmooth is a non-surgical cellulite treatment that can help you get the results you want.
What Is Cellulite?Cellulite is simply the appearance of the skin that results from fat cells pressing up against fibrous connective tissue under the skin. This causes a dimpled, lumpy, and uneven appearance that is often accompanied by small red dots, resembling orange peels. Cellulite is more common and more noticeable in people with light skin, and it is far more common in women than in men.
What Causes Cellulite?Cellulite can occur for a number of reasons, and it affects up to nine out of 10 adult women to some degree. Causes of cellulite can include:
- Genetics: Many families are predisposed to significant cellulite.
- Hormonal factors: Shifts in metabolism and hormone levels (such as estrogen and stress hormones) are thought to contribute to cellulite formation.
- Lifestyle: Poor diet, lack of exercise, and habits such as smoking can decrease normal blood flow and overall health, which can contribute to or exacerbate cellulite.
- Aging: As skin loses elasticity, fat and connective tissue show through the skin more easily, causing the appearance of cellulite to worsen.
- Pregnancy: Weight gain and hormonal changes involved with pregnancy can have an impact on cellulite formation.