Start Your Summer Right with Body Contouring
May 23, 2017
Achieving your ideal figure is a struggle both men and women face, one which can prove particularly frustrating as summer nears. After wearing extra clothes and surviving the winter holidays, warm weather arrives just in time to remind you what your body looks like after all those holiday treats. The good news is that body contouring procedures can help you get the body you want in time for summer by removing extra fat and tightening your skin. The Masri Clinic for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery offers both surgical and nonsurgical procedures to improve your body’s contour and definition.
Surgical Ways to Contour Your BodyThere are a variety of lift surgeries available to help contour different areas of your body. These surgeries remove excess fat deposits and excess skin to achieve a tighter, trimmer look. The Masri Clinic offers the following lift procedures:
- Abdominoplasty – Also known as a tummy tuck, abdominoplasty contours your abdomen by pulling your skin tissue downward, tightening your abdominal muscles, and removing fat deposits that might be hiding around your tummy and hips.
- Thigh lift – Fat tends to accumulate around your thighs as a result of gravity, creating unsightly bulges and cellulite. A thigh lift will slim your thighs by removing the extra fat and tightening the skin tissue around the backs of your legs.
- Arm lift – An arm lift, or brachioplasty, helps remove extra fat and skin tissue from your upper arms so they look toned and fit.
- Body lift – The body lift is considered a combination procedure as it involves using more than one lift surgery to achieve the best results. A body lift typically involves a tummy tuck combined with a thigh lift or a butt lift, but it can include just about any combination of lift surgeries around your body.
Nonsurgical Ways to Contour Your BodyThe Masri Clinic also offers a variety of nonsurgical procedures designed to help contour your body. These involve using a laser or other energy pulses, which prevent the need for incisions or anesthesia. There are procedures that remove fat, tighten your skin, and smooth out your figure.
- Velasmooth – This procedure uses radiofrequency energy and infrared energy pulses to heat your fat cells and increase your metabolism, causing your body to eliminate the fat. The device also employs vacuum suction to manipulate your skin tissue so it’s smoother. Velasmooth is effective at treating cellulite and fat bulges.
- SmartLipo - Lipolysis treatments such as SmartLipo are used to liquefy your fat cells. SmartLipo uses laser energy to heat the fat cells from within, causing them to break apart. Your body then naturally removes the destroyed cells, creating a slimmer appearance.
- Quanta Shape – Quanta Shape is a procedure that uses ultrasonic energy combined with a vacuum. A special device sends ultrasound waves into your skin and creates pressure. The pressure causes microbubbles to form among your fat cells, causing them to break apart. A vacuum device is then used to stimulate your lymphatic system, which is responsible for removing waste from your body. The fat is transported through your body and is naturally eliminated.