| A chemical peel uses a solution applied to the skin to remove dead skin cells and stimulate the production of new skin cells. |
Chemical peels have been used safely for over 100 years. There are numerous medications available for improving acne, skin tone and the texture. A lot of these medications can be done without losing any time off work. They produce minimal redness however they improve the quality of the skin over a span of a few days. Among the most popular chemical peels are:
- Glycolic Peel: Glycolic acid is naturally found in grapefruit. This material used in different concentrations can be used to improve acne and fine lines. The procedure is inexpensive and can be repeated on weekly basis for one skin cycle (6 weeks) or more. Lighter concentrations of Glycolic peels can be used by the patient at home on a weekly basis. Also worth noting, you can have this procedure done during pregnancy.
- Jessner Peel: This is a solution that has been used for years to revitalize the skin. It results in minimal redness for the first 2 or 3 days and produces excellent results for skin rejuvenation.
- Lactic & Carbolic Peels: These peels are considered to be light to medium depth. They help improve fine to medium depth wrinkles, and do not necessitate any time off from work.
- Hydroquinone Peel: These can be done at different concentrations for the purpose of removing freckles and lightening and blending skin color. Associated with minimal redness for a couple of days.
- TCA Peel: Use of different concentrations will give excellent results for medium depth to deep wrinkles. The higher concentration peels will require one to two weeks time off work.
- Phenol Peel: This is reserved for very deep wrinkles and would require an extended period of recovery.
Can a chemical peel be used to treat crow’s feet or is this too sensitive of an area to treat?
Chemical peels improve the overall health of the skin and can improve the appearance of wrinkles. Botox injections are another option for treating that crow’s-feet or Laser treatment.
I want the mildest chemical peel that you offer. I can’t take much time off work right now but I hate to wait any longer. What sort of benefits will I get from your mildest Physician Strength Peel?
Our MCA peels are very effective and with no downtime. You may have light shedding of the skin, however nothing a good steamer wouldn’t take care of. Our MCA peels help improve acne, pigmentation, and help improve on texture of skin.