- First the esthetician will discuss the hair removal process. She will examine the areas you want treated.
- The wax is heated in a warmer until it is just melted and then it is applied to the skin with a small wooden spatula. Next, the esthetician will place a strip of muslin cloth or a cotton cloth over the wax. The wax is allowed to cool and then she will remove the strip of cloth quickly. The cloth is pulled in the opposite direction of the hair growth. This sounds painful but it only lasts a few seconds.
- Once the cotton strip has been removed, hand pressure is applied to the area to minimize the discomfort. The area will be red and sensitive for a few hours.
Caution!! If you are using Retin-A, let your esthetician know. You should stop the medication 3-4 weeks prior to the treatment. Otherwise, you may be left with a sore area which could heal with a brown spot.
Methods Of Hair Removal Fall Into Two Categories:
- DEPILATION -means that the hair is removed at the skin line. Shaving and using chemical depilatories are examples of depilation. Depilatories are chemicals that dissolve the hair so that it can be wiped or washed away. Examples include Nair and Neet.
- EPILATION -means that the hair is removed below the surface of the skin. The advantage of epilation over depilation is that it will take longer for the hair to grow back if the hair is removed by epilation. Also if epilation is performed repeatedly on the same area over a prolonged period of time, the quantity of hair will be reduced. Examples of epilation include waxing, tweezing, Epilady Hair Removal System and electrolysis.
Waxing is the most effective method of removing unwanted hair in both large and small areas. Hair can be removed with a minimum amount of discomfort. There are two types of waxing techniques. The first and most common method is warm waxing. The second method is cold waxing. Cold waxing is the method that most people use at home. Cold wax can be bought at any drugstore and it usually comes in tubes. The directions on the package are easy to follow. Warm waxing is more effective then cold waxing and is the type of hair removal that we perform in this salon. Any hair baring area can be waxed including the mustache, chin, eyebrows, legs and bikini line.
Waxing is a temporary method of hair removal which removes the hair at the root. New hairs do not grow back in the waxed area for up to three to eight weeks . Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows , face , bikini area , legs , arms , back , abdomen and feet .
Waxing is accomplished by spreading a wax combination thinly over the skin . A cloth or paper strip is pressed on the top and then ripped off with a quick movement against the direction of hair growth. This removes the wax along with the hair and dead skin cells leaving the skin smooth.
New hair growth in waxed areas is soft and fine, not sharp and coarse like shaved hair. After repeated waxing, hair regrowth is less common and eventually some hair never regrows.
Waxing is the fastest, most efficient method of temporary hair removal. Waxing over a long period of time causes a thinning and lessening of hair regrowth and extends the period of time between waxing treatments.
Our exclusive wax formula is gentle to the skin and reduces the amount of hair growth. Our experienced technicians give you the best possible results with little discomfort.
- Glycolic Acid or Trioxy Peels: these can be repeated on weekly basis till good control of the acne occurs. This might require one or more skin cycles, each cycle is six weeks.
- Photo Dynamic Therapy: Exposure to high intensity blue light from Light Emitting Diode is designed to kill the bacteria Pacnes resulting with healing.
- Microdermabrasion combined with Topical Vitamin C.
- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Treatment: Can be given and repeated on bi-weekly basis can result with very satisfactory healing.
Treatment For Acne Scars:
- Injectable fillers like: JuvÃ©dermÂ® or RestylaneÂ® and other fillers can be placed in the scar to produce more even surface.
- Chemical Peels: Used at a proper depth can result with a smoother skin surface.
- Intense Pulse Light: These are simple treatments that can result with improved collagen deposit in the skin resulting with a gradual but definite improvement.
- Laser Resurfacing: CO2 scanning laser has been used safely in smoothing the surface of the skin and depositing more collagen in the depths of the skin, this procedure is performed in the office under local or general anesthesia.