|With society’s orientation to aesthetic appearance, it becomes important to look as young as you feel.|
Look younger – feel better
Today people are healthier and live longer. This has a significant impact on delaying retirement age. With society’s orientation to aesthetic appearance, it becomes important to look as young as you feel.
Numerous non-invasive procedures have emerged in recent years to help in this regard.
- Chemical Peels
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Radiofrequency Bi-Polar Waves (Visage)
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing
- Thermage (Non Surgical Face Lift)
- Facial Plastic Surgery
This is the most popular non-surgical procedure for patients over age 60. It gives best results when injected in the crow’s feet, frown lines and forehead horizontal creases. This will stop the unwanted motion of the underlying muscle that results in squeezing the skin and increasing wrinkles. The outcome is much smoother skin and younger looking.
There are numerous medications available for improving the skin tone and color. A lot of these medications can be done without losing any time off work. They produce minimal redness however they improve the quality of the skin over a span of a few days among the most popular chemical peels are:
- Glycolic peels: this is an acid that is naturally found in grapefruit. This material used in different concentration can be used to improve acne and fine wrinkling. The procedure is inexpensive and can be repeated on weekly basis for one skin cycle (six weeks) or more. Lighter concentration can be done by the patient at home on weekly basis.
- Refinity peels: this is a buffered acid and this means much less redness and irritation however the action is preserved and will result in a healthier, younger looking skin commonly used for treatment of acne and fine wrinkles.
- Jessner: This is a solution that has been used for years to revitalize the skin. It results with minimal redness for the first two or three days and gives excellent results for skin rejuvenation.
- Lactic & Carbolic Peels: These peels are considered to be light to medium depth, they will help improving fine to medium depth wrinkles, does not require necessitate work time loss.
- Hydroquinone Peels: These can be done at different concentrations for the purpose of removing freckles and lightening and blending the skin color. Associated with minimal redness for couple of days.
- Obagi Blue Peel: This is a controlled depth peel. Can be used for fine, medium or deep wrinkles depending on the concentration and with very predictable results.
- TCA Peels: Use of different concentrations will give excellent results for medium depth to deep wrinkles. The higher concentrations peels will require one to two weeks time off work.
- Phenol Peel: This is reserved for very deep wrinkles and would require an extended period of recovery.
This method utilizes a very bright pulsation of light done along with devise to cool the skin. This new technology has achieved wonders in rejuvenating freckled and wrinkled skin. It is used successfully in treating numerous dermatological diseases, including pre-cancerous lesions.
This new technique is done by exposing the skin to a certain wave length produced by a Light Emitting Diode (LED). The wave length has different effects on the skin. This is used successfully in treating acne or rejuvenating the skin. It is also used for pre-cancerous or superficial cancerous lesions. It’s combination with other medications can be used for Vitaligo and actinic keratosis.
This technique utilizes sylitica crystals associated with a suction power to remove fine wrinkles and superficial imperfections of the skin.
This technology utilizes short wave to rejuvenate the skin and to remove superficial to medium depth wrinkles.
This is an intense short wave that is utilized for deep wrinkles of the skin and requires general anesthesia or IV sedation.
This technique is reserved for the deep wrinkles, smoker’s lines and weathered skin. It will achieve also a high degree of tightening of the skin, the results are the marvel of the skin rejuvenation. It is done using general or IV sedation.
This new technology is extremely popular to replace face lift for the medium degree of sagging skin, it also replaces forehead lift in many patients. Totally non ablative requires no down time, thus deserving the name of lunch time face lift.
There are numerous fillers available in the market, whether synthetic or animal derivative product, those are extremely popular in filling the lip cheek grooves, marionette lines (drool lines), crow’s feet (laugh lines-frown lines). These are very effective in filling defects or depressed scars. Some are short lasting and some are medium lasting, Permanent fillers are on the way to be approved by FDA.
Surgery performed in the office with local anesthesia in need to remove the fatty deposits in the face and neck areas to improve the facial contouring.